Brother is releasing a firmware update for their printers that will fix some printing problems. This update is available for download from the Brother website.
How to update your Brother firmware from a Windows® computer
Brother printer firmware update
Brother printer firmware update:
Brother printers are quite popular and often receive updates to optimise their performance. However, even if you’re familiar with how to update firmware on your Brother printer, you might not be familiar with the different update types that are available. In this article, we’ll take a look at the different types of Brother printer firmware updates and explain which is right for you.
When it comes to Brother printer firmware updates, there are three main types:
1. Standard firmware updates: These are the most common type of Brother printer firmware update and are designed to improve the performance and functionality of your printer.
2. Service firmware updates: These updates are designed to resolve specific issues and improve the overall performance of your Brother printer.
3. Upgrade firmware updates: These updates are designed to improve the functionality of your existing Brother printer and are usually recommended if you’re not satisfied with the current functionality.
Standard firmware updates:
Standard firmware updates are the most common type of firmware update and are designed to improve the performance and functionality of your Brother printer. They’re usually easy to install and don’t require any special technical knowledge.
Service firmware updates:
Service firmware updates are designed to resolve specific issues and improve the overall performance of your Brother printer. They’re usually more complex than standard firmware updates, but they’re also more likely to resolve specific issues that have been reported by users.
Upgrade firmware updates:
Why you should update your Brother printer firmware
There are many reasons to update the firmware on your Brother printer. First and foremost, updating the firmware will improve the printer’s overall performance. This is especially important if you are using a newer model Brother printer that is based on a newer printing engine. By updating the firmware, you can ensure that the printer’s printing performance is up to par with the latest specifications.
In addition to its performance benefits, updating the firmware can also safeguard your data. If you are using a Brother printer that uses a print driver, the firmware update can also improve the printer’s compatibility with new print drivers. By upgrading the firmware, you can ensure that your data is protected from potential data breaches.
Finally, updating the firmware on your Brother printer can also fix certain issues that may have arisen over time. By upgrading the firmware, you can resolve any problems that may have caused your printer to malfunction. By doing so, you can ensure that your printer is running at its best possible performance.
How to update your Brother printer firmware
So you’ve got a Brother printer and you want to update the firmware! Well, here’s how to do it.
1. Open the printer’s interface and go to “Setup”.
2. Click on “Firmware Update”.
3. Select the Brother printer you want to update and click “Update”.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
5. Once the firmware update is complete, reboot your printer.
What to do if your firmware update fails
If your firmware update fails, there are a few things you can do.
1. Try a different internet connection.
- Try a different USB port.
- Try a different computer.
- Try a different firmware update file.
Tips for updating your Brother printer firmware
firmware updates can be a daunting task. But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
First and foremost, be sure to have your printer’s model and serial number handy.
Next, open your printer’s lid and locate the small, rectangular button on the front panel (it may have a light coming from it).
Press and hold this button for three seconds, until the printer beeps three times and displays the firmware update screen.
Follow the on-screen instructions to update your printer’s firmware.
Once the firmware update is complete, press and hold the button on the front panel again for three seconds, until the printer beeps twice and returns to the main menu.
Now you can close the lid and enjoy your new firmware update!
Brother’s firmware update for the HL-2040D has been released. This firmware update improves the performance of the printer.