Dji SOFTWARE UPDATE: DJI Mavic Pro 2.2.2 Released
The DJI Mavic Pro 2.2.2 firmware update is now available for download. This update includes a number of bug fixes and enhancements. For a full list of changes, please see the DJI Mavic Pro 2.2.2 Release Notes.
DJI Mini 2 | How To Update the Firmware
Dji’s new firmware update
There’s been a lot of talk lately about firmware updates and what they mean for drone pilots. So we thought we would take a minute to explain what a firmware update is and what it means for your drone.
First off, a firmware update is simply a software update that drone pilots can download and install to their drones. This update improves the performance and functionality of your drone, and is usually released as a security update to fix security issues or to add new features.
When you download and install a firmware update, it will automatically install on your drone and update the operating system (OS) and firmware of your drone. This process can take a few minutes, but it’s important to keep your drone updated so that it has the latest security updates and features.
So far, firmware updates have been pretty stable and haven’t caused any major issues. However, there is always the possibility that something could go wrong during the update process. If that happens, please follow our instructions for fixing common firmware update problems.
In short, firmware updates are important for keeping your drone safe and updated, and we recommend that all drone pilots install them as soon as they are available. Thanks for learning more about firmware updates!
What’s new in the update?
Dji Mavic Air firmware update 1.0.6 improves the performance of DJI Go 4 app, provides bug fixes and improves overall stability. The new firmware is recommended for all Mavic Air owners.
How to update your dji drone
- Make sure your drone is turned off and Unlocked
- Download and install the DJI GO 4 app
- From the DJI GO 4 app, select the “Tools” menu and select “Firmware Update”.
- On the “Firmware Update” screen, select the “Update” button.
- You will be asked to choose a firmware version. Select the “Upgrade” button.
- You will be asked to enter your drone’s Unique ID. The Unique ID can be found on the bottom of your drone.
- You will be asked to enter your drone’s password. The password can be found on the bottom of your drone.
- After you enter your password, the firmware update process will start.
- The firmware update process will take about 10 minutes.
10. After the firmware update process is finished, you will be able to restart your drone.
What drones are compatible with the new update?
Drones that are compatible with the new update are:
DJI Phantom 3 Professional
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced
DJI Phantom 3 Standard
DJI Inspire 1 Pro
DJI Inspire 1 Standard
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Mavic Air
How to get the new firmware update
- Open the web browser on your DJI drone and enter the DJI website.
2. On the DJI website, click the “Support” tab, and then click ” firmware updates.”
3. On the firmware updates page, click the “Get firmware update” button, and then enter your registration number.
4. Click the “Download” button to download the firmware update file.
5. Open the firmware update file on your computer.
6. Click the “Install” button to install the firmware update.
7. If the firmware update is successful, your DJI drone will restart.
DJI has released a firmware update for their Phantom 3 and 4 quadcopters. The update is designed to improve stability and performance.