If your iPhone or iPad doesn’t have the latest software updates, there’s a good chance your Apple AirPods are too. Here’s how to update your AirPods firmware on your iPhone or iPad.
How To Update AirPods, AirPods Pro firmware – Software Update Guide
How to Update AirPods Firmware
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap on General
- Scroll down to Software Update and tap on it
- Tap on the Update Now button
- Your iPhone will start downloading the latest firmware update for AirPods
- Once the update is complete, your iPhone will prompt you to install it
- Tap on the Install button and the update will be installed
- Once the update is installed, your AirPods will restart and you’ll be able to use them with the latest update
Thanks for reading!
Check Your Current Firmware Version
First and foremost, if you don’t already know how to check your current firmware version, we recommend you head to the AirPods Settings section of your iPhone or iPad, and tap on the “About” button.
Once you’ve located your AirPods firmware version, simply compare it to the latest release notes. If there are any updates available, we’ll tell you about them here.
How to Update AirPods Firmware
Assuming you’re up-to-date on your firmware version and you’re ready to update your AirPods, here’s how it’s done:
First, open the AirPods app on your iPhone or iPad. If you don’t have it installed, you can find it in the App Store.
Once the app is open, tap on the “Settings” button in the top-right corner.
Scroll down to “Wearables” and tap on “AirPods”.
Next, tap on the “Update” button in the bottom-right corner.
Your AirPods will now begin to update. This process may take a few minutes, so be patient.
Once the update is complete, your AirPods will restart. Once they’re back up and running, you’ll be prompted to restart them again, in order to finalize the firmware update.
That’s all there is to it! If you have any questions, be sure to check
Connect Your AirPods to Your iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to General>About.
- Tap on the “Version” tab at the top of the About window.
- If your AirPods are updated, you will see a “Version (01.20.01)” next to “System Version”. If they are not updated, you will see a “System Version (12.1)”.
- If your AirPods are not updated, you will need to connect them to your iPhone using the Charging Case or AirPods Charging Cable.
- Tap on the “Update” button.
- If your AirPods are connected to your iPhone, Apple will notify you that your AirPods are being updated.
- If your AirPods are not connected to your iPhone, you will be asked to connect them.
- Once they are connected, Apple will update your AirPods.
- After the update is complete, your AirPods will reboot.
10. You will now be able to use your AirPods.
Go to the AirPods Settings Menu
Scroll down to see the “Update AirPods firmware” section
Tap on “Update AirPods firmware”
You’ll be asked to enter your passcode
Once you’ve entered your passcode, you’ll be able to update your AirPods firmware
If you’re having trouble updating your AirPods firmware, please see our detailed professional, witty and clever explanation here.
Check for a Software Update
First, make sure that your AirPods are properly charged. Second, locate the AirPods box and open it. Third, locate the AirPods charging cable and plug it into the AirPods box. Fourth, locate the AirPods themselves and press and hold the left side button until they start to flash. Fifth, release the left side button and the AirPods will update. Sixth, wait until the AirPods have finished updating and then release the left side button. Seventh, hold the right side button until they turn off. Eighth, unplug the charging cable from the AirPods box. Ninth, place the AirPods in your ears and press and hold the right side button until they turn on. Tenth, release the right side button and you’re ready to use them.
Update Your AirPods Firmware
If you’re like most people, you probably just throw your AirPods in your pocket and hope for the best. But if you want to get the most out of your AirPods, you’ll need to update their firmware.
How to Update Your AirPods Firmware
1. Open the AirPods app on your phone.
2. Tap on the three lines in the top left corner.
3. Select Settings.
4. Select General.
5. Select About AirPods.
6. Tap on the Update button.
7. Enter your Apple ID password if you’re prompted to do so.
8. Agree to the terms and conditions of the firmware update.
9. Tap on the Update button again.
10. Your AirPods will start the firmware update.
11. Once the firmware update is complete, your AirPods will restart.
12. You’ll now have the latest AirPods firmware installed.
Enjoy Your New Firmware!
If you own an AirPods, you may want to update your firmware.
AirPods firmware is basically a set of software codes that allow your AirPods to communicate with your iPhone, and vice versa.
When you first get your AirPods, the firmware will be automatically updated. But, if you don’t have an internet connection or if you want to update the firmware manually, here’s how:
1. Open the AirPods case and connect the AirPods to your iPhone using the charging cable.
2. Open the App Store on your iPhone and find the AirPods app.
3. Tap on the “Update” button on the app, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the firmware update is complete, your AirPods will restart.
If your AirPods are experiencing any issues, it is important to update the firmware. The firmware is the operating system for your AirPods and can be updated through the Apple help pages or by using the AirPods firmware update tool. By updating the firmware, you can resolve any issues and keep your AirPods running optimally.